Get in Touch


Hello everyone,
I must admit to feeling some trepidation about taking on the baton of the Principal’s Blog from Jay.  I’m not sure that I will be able to match his breadth of influences for source material!  However, I am honoured to be able to talk to you all about life at our fantastic college and I am intrigued about where this opportunity to communicate with you all will lead.

Firstly, please do check out the video content on this blog.  Whilst this is meant to be a bit of fun I believe it can also play an interesting role in sharing ideas and thoughts about the college.  Please do get in touch with any questions you would like to ask for future vlogs and I will try my best to answer them! Please email your questions to student_executive@wyke.ac.uk

It has been very exciting to be involved with the first full month at the college.  Enrolment is a very busy but also exciting period.  We are getting to meet all the young people who are going to make the college what it is for the next few years and helping them make decisions that will have a significant impact on the next phase of their lives.  This is an important point.  The choice of what to study at the age of 16 is often one of the first points when our young people have to make significant decisions about how they see their future.  How fantastically empowering but also daunting that is! This is one of the things I love about working in sixth form colleges, the opportunity to give people the mature, grown up responsibility that they are now ready for in a supportive and nurturing environment.  Really, I think that teaching the 16-18 age group is the best possible job in education.  My background is as a philosophy teacher and the opportunity to discuss issues around the nature of truth, the meaning of life, the existence of God and the right way to live is a complete privilege.  It is a time of questioning and forging personal identities, always challenging and never dull.

So, I’m sure I will get to tell you more about myself in future posts but for now enjoy the videos and please send me your questions!

Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Awards Evening 2022 Guest Panel

Welcome to Wyke